Tuesday, December 27, 2005

This should come as a surprise to nobody. Last night, for instance, I watched "March of the Penguins" on DVD. In my own living room. While eating a pizza and drinking coke. Afterwards, I ate some chocolate. When I had to go to the bathroom, guess what I did? I paused the movie.

The floor in my living room doesn't stick to the bottoms of my shoes. The guy who always sits behind be while providing his narration and moment-by-moment critique was happily absent. My 20 oz. coke cost about a buck, the chocolate about 75 cents. Compare that to a trip to the movie theater, where a medium, watered-down coke costs well above 2 bucks, a small box of chocolate about the same, and the movie alone costs about 10 bucks. Double these if you have a date.

Yes, I know the atmosphere in a theater is different than at home, and if you go to the movies for that, maybe it's not a bad thing for you. I, however, only want to see the movie. I can wait a few months until it comes out on DVD. I can even invite my family and friends to watch it with me, and all it costs is about four bucks.

That way, I can drink all the inexpensive coke I want, and never have to miss a moment of the movie when it hits my bladder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments-[ comments.]
hit counter html code
View My Stats