Friday, December 09, 2005

It rained hard yesterday. All day. Still, I had errands to run, so it gave me a chance to test my rain gear. The temperature stayed at 45 degrees most of the day, and I was way overdressed as far as warmth is concerned. The rain coat performed great, the pants good, but I need some waterproof overshoes for my feet, and some better gloves. While these gloves are polyester and waterproof, they still retain coldness when they get wet. It wasn't a big deal yesterday, but if the temp dips below 40, like it is today, it would be a big problem if it rained.

While I was riding in the rain, a young lady, attractive with compassionate eyes, offered to give me a ride. I smiled, thanked her kindly, and rode off. I know how it looks when you see someone riding in the rain. You think they're miserable. In reality, in my own case anyway, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm probably more comfortable on my bike in my warm, dry clothes, than most people huddling close to the heater in their car, hoping it will hurry and warm up. Plus, I never have to worry about scraping my windshield, or leaving early because I have to get gas.

Today reassured me also, this time concerning my cold weather gear. It's about 23 degrees, and I've been on my bike most of the morning and early afternoon. The only possible problem I foresee is my face. I don't want to obstruct my peripheral vision too much, but if it's cold and windy, I'll have to cover it more than I did today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments-[ comments.]
hit counter html code
View My Stats