Monday, December 05, 2005

The biting wind and the cold (the temp. was about 30 degrees today) made the first part of my ride today a little uncomfortable. Well, at least the first 10 minutes or so. Something strange happened after that. You might call it something similar to a runner's high. At 30 degrees, no cold nor wind permeated my bones, causing me to shiver or feel miserable. I felt alive, almost euphoric. After my body warmed from the exercise, cold, fresh air flowed effortlessly into my lungs, causing me to feel sorry for the people tucked inside their steel cocoons, isolated from sensory input, and looking at me like I'm crazy. I wouldn't trade this feeling for the world.

Still, the temperature here does dip below 30 degrees, and I'm wondering about the comfort level when it gets to the teens. Then, there's the rain. Many obstacles to kick, but I feel up to the challenge. I believe having the appropriate gear and apparel is the key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments-[ comments.]
hit counter html code
View My Stats