Saturday, December 17, 2005

I remember in the 1970's and 80's reading about life in the Soviet Union, where the government was always listening. Also about people disappearing in the middle of the night, never to be heard from again. Rumors of Soviet-sponsored terrorism and torture. The looks on the hardliners faces scared me. From Kruschev to Brezhnev, they all seemed like miserable individuals to be around. Paranoid, suspicious, and vindictive.

I read these days about torture, government espionage against its own citizens, and invasions of countries for profit. Only it's not the USSR now. What have we allowed our government to do? What have we become?

The occupant of the White House denounces the importance of the Constitution, the document he has sworn to uphold, and Congress, neither Democrat or Republicans, say a word. Where are the real men? I refer to those who have the balls to do what's right, even if it may damage their careers.

They say everything comes in cycles, and I guess the current global climate proves that point. I never thought I'd believe the words of a Soviet leader over our own, but that day has arrived. It's embarrassing to even see Bush in the same company with someone as intelligent and as cultured as Putin. It all makes me want to puke.

I declare that the intelligence of this nation to be inversely proportionate to the number of those who support Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments-[ comments.]
hit counter html code
View My Stats