Sunday, January 15, 2006

They Call the Wind, "Mariah" (but today I called her bitch)

This morning I taught my class. In Smyrna. I do this three weekends a month. My commute this morning hurt. A strong headwind pounded my anterior for twelve long, slow, agonizing miles. It lasted ninety minutes. The wind never relented. Not once.

There were times this morning during my trek when I almost gave up. I cannot remember a time when I've been so physically exausted. Those of you who know me also know how unusual this is for me.

The wind reminded me of myself when I train people, especially while running. I'm kind of like a drill seargent, always riding someone's ass. While climbing some steep hills this morning (the wind is less strong while climbing), I couldn't wait to get to the top for some relief. At the top, however, the wind kicked me in the face, laughing at my weakness. By the time I got to Smyrna, I was almost broken.

If it's true that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, then today I've gained a lot of strength. Thanks, Mariah, but I still think you're a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments-[ comments.]
hit counter html code
View My Stats