Monday, March 14, 2005

I started trucking school today. I think I’m gonna like it. Some things I just don’t understand, though.

One guy in the class just served eight years in prison for selling cocaine. The job placement person told him he could still, with a little string pulling, land a job with a pretty decent company. She went on to say that this same company, who would hire a convicted felon, wouldn’t consider hiring someone with long hair, piercings, or even facial hair. What a strange world we live in.

The people in class live in a world far removed from anything intellectual. This contrasts sharply to massage school, language school, and even my days at MTSU. Not at all unexpected, however. Big trucks, burly men (and women), and mucho testosterone. Totally different from almost anything I’ve experienced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Comments-[ comments.]
hit counter html code
View My Stats